Thursday, September 27, 2012

5 Exciting Years

As I navigate around my new blog and think about what I want to write about first, I realize Friday marks the 5 year anniversary of my wedding. So what better topic to write about than this exciting milestone!

Five years ago on Friday, September 28, 2007, I married a wonderful man! It was a beautiful fall day in Estes Park, CO. The leaves were changing, the elk were bugling and it was the perfect beginning to the start of our new adventure together. We were surrounded by our favorite people, in our favorite town and the day was every bit about us!



I used to wonder if there is just ONE soul mate for everyone! And while I am not sure I believe this to be true, I do believe that there are people out there who are perfect matches! Whether it was a wise choice, perfect timing, luck or patience (or all of the above), I found someone who challenges and compliments me.

Patrick and I couldn't be more different in many ways. He is a hunter, I (was) a vegetarian when we met. He is logical, I am emotional. He is an introvert (so he says), I am an extrovert. While these differences are drastic, he balances me out! At dinner, he eats all the meat, I eat the veggies! When I am a hysterical mess, he reasons enough for both of us. And when he is too shy (haha) in a new situation, I step up! It's like yin and yang!

While our difference balance us, our similarities bond us! We have a true love and respect for the outdoors. We love laughing. Our values and beliefs about parenting go hand in hand. We adore spending time with family and friends and enjoy the simple things in life!

I wish I could say that everyday of the last five years was a fabulous as the pictures look, but we, like most, have definitely had our moments of stress, disagreements and being at odds. We have been together for 10 years and still are learning a lot about one another and how to work through the challenges that life brings. Although I can't say everyday is perfect, I do know that everyday is full of love and smiles! I haven't met another person who I feel like I could smile every day with, struggle through the hardships with and raise our two girls with. While Patrick is not the perfect man for all, he is an incredible partner for me! I am lucky to have found a man that makes me feel like a beautiful, smart and special woman each day! He has truly made me a better person and made life more entertaining!

1 comment:

  1. Excited to read your blog Annie! I started one a year or so ago and it's been fun to record my little life! I look forward to getting to know you more through this! :-)

    ReplyDelete