Mother's Day has always been a special day for me as I have always been thrilled to have a day to spoil my Mom who is an incredibly kind, sensible and forgiving woman.
Since having kids of my own, it is a day that reminds me of the most important job I have as MOM. I am grateful EVERYDAY for this crazy, stressful, emotional, exciting, and incredible adventure but today I get to sit back and just enjoy the two little beings that were so beautifully created through love!
My day started in bed! Yes, I got to sleep in and even though I heard squealing in the background, I thoroughly enjoyed it! Then came breakfast in bed. I believe this was the first time ever I have had breakfast officially served to me in bed. It was so sweet but came with a lot of bouncing and sharing. You know those monkeys who jump on the bed....I had breakfast with them!
Next, we went the the park with my family and flew kites and just had some good old fashion fun.
Sara created this amazing picnic lunch that we enjoyed outside on the patio.
I was given my gifts! Patrick helped the girls make stepping stones for the garden with their little handpirnts...sniff, sniff. I am a sucker for anything homemade! The large circle to the right of me on the card is my tray from breakfast in bed! :)
We then continued our annual Mother's Day tradition of planting flowers in our gardens!
Patrick cooked an amazing dinner (foil favorites) served with a margarita! My favorite place to eat... on our deck! AHHHH!!
Our final journey took us on a bike ride to Fro-yo!
Mother's Day is about love, family, and fun in the sun! And that is exactly what my day was filled with. Thanks to a great family and husband, this day was perfect!









No comments:
Post a Comment